Monday, February 8, 2021

Snailmail! It May Take Thyme But It’s Kind of a Big Dill!

 



I love an herb garden! 🌿 They look beautiful and smell wonderful! And according to my daughter-in-law they are relatively easy to grow!! She has been cultivating some herbs in an indoor garden this fall and winter and they are growing quite well. In fact, she is looking for recipes and ideas to keep up with her bountiful harvest. πŸͺ΄ 😁 


I thought I would look through my recipe collection and send her some herb infused snailmail!! Sounds spicy, no? 😏  


When I think of ways to use spices like basil, oregano and parsley the first thing that comes to my mind is...PIZZA!!! Yay! πŸ• I’m pretty sure pizza is my all time favorite food. 🀀 Isn’t it wonderful, then, that February 9th is National Pizza Day!?

 According to the interwebs, Antica Pizzeria, widely believed to be the world’s first pizzeria, opened in Naples, Italy in 1738. America had to wait for more than 150 years for pizza to arrive on it’s lovely shores. Genarro Lombardi, the first pizzeria in the United States, opened in 1895 in New York City...and the rest, as they say, is history!!

 Celebrate Pizza Day and Letter Month by sending your favorite penpal (πŸ™‹πŸΌ‍♀️) an invitation to grab a pizza, or a coupon for a pizza, or a recipe for the perfect crust...seriously, if you have that recipe send it to me...or a gift card for pizza, or simply tell the story of your favorite pizza experience ever. πŸ₯° That sounds like a slice of heaven to me! (Please don’t think I’m a weirdough!) 😜I can’t help myself. 


Another fun idea is to send some “season’s greetings!” πŸ˜‚ (Herbs make for the best puns!πŸͺ΄) I saw this idea at Christmas, but I think it will work anytime! Create your favorite seasoning blend, package it in a cute envelope and mail it to your penpal with your favorite recipe included. Obviously this would be even better if you had grown your own herbs to include in these season’s greetings! 


These clever “season’s greetings” don’t have to use only culinary herbs. One could make up a potpourri mixture as well. This is my first venture into spice mail...that sounds rather naughty, doesn’t it? 😳...so I will let you know how it goes. I’m thinking I will seal the spice mixtures in a plastic bag before I put them into their paper envelopes. One mustn’t overwhelm the mail carrier. πŸ˜‰ 



Hopefully you are inspired to grow some herbs, eat a pizza and, of course, send some SNAILMAIL!!! 🐌 πŸ“¬

Go postal, people. 
XOXO,
Mrs. Murphy 

No comments:

Post a Comment