Monday, April 20, 2020

Hey! Check it Out! It’s National Library Week!




The month of April brings the celebration of one of my favorite places! The Library!! This year National Library Week will be celebrated April 19-25. This year’s somewhat ironic theme of “Find your place at the library” was chosen long before a global pandemic would force the closing of the library doors. 😒 However, we can still find our place at the library because libraries are amazing and those clever librarians are doing everything they can to keep us connected to the wonderful world of books! Libraries are providing digital books and virtual story times along with access to movies, music and video games to library patrons! 





On the Wednesday of Library Week, Bookmobile Day is celebrated. I have very fond memories of the book mobile arriving in my neighborhood and sounding its unique horn. My sister and I would sprint out of the house with our library cards and scurry onboard that moving treasure trove of literary happiness to check out a book or two! πŸ₯° (I must confess I have had a secret dream to become a book mobile driver for as long as I can remember!)




I could not let National Library Week pass without some mailbox merrymaking! I’m forever discussing the books I’m reading with my pen pals and have often sent some books via post to like minded literary lovers. Books about books are particularly pleasing! πŸ₯° (The Princess Bride by William Goldman is one of my all-time favorites!! Even better than the movie!πŸ˜‰) This year I’ve decided to send some book inspired mail to my most bookish pen pals! πŸ“š 
Send some book post today! I’d love to check it out! πŸ˜‰

Go postal, people!
XOXO
Mrs. Murphy

No comments:

Post a Comment