Thursday, April 23, 2020

Welding Mail...Making a Lasting Bond! 🔥


April is National Welding Month

Thanks to the those enchanting, endless interwebs it is now possible to celebrate things like National Poetry Month, National Gardening Week and National Pretzel Day, all of which are celebrated in April!!
April is Poetry Month! 

 I love to discover new (to me) celebrations, festivals and observances that honor and laud people in my life. It’s gives me a wonderful reason to send some mail! 

National Gardening Week is April 18-25, 2020

I discovered that April is also National Welding Month! I know a few welders and appreciate them greatly!! One particular welder fabricated and installed my porch railings! (Those things have saved my life and limb on many occasion during the icy Iowa winters!! I’m nothing if not danger prone😬

I don’t understand all that the work of the welder entails, but I do know their work holds our world together...quite literally! There are welding research engineers, underwater welders, pipe fitters, boiler makers, welder fabricators and a bunch of other stuff I’m sure I don’t even know about!! I appreciate the skills these lovely people have and thought I would take some time to send some snailmail to celebrate their vocation and contribution to our world! 

                      
             


Has this strange time of quarantine given you extra time for reflection? Why not make a list of all the people you can think of whose work affects your life? I’m sure you can come up with a long list of “essential” workers! Join me in making and sending some mail to those people!! The postal worker is DEFINITELY on my list! 🥰📬🐌





Strengthen your bond! Send more mail!
XOXO,
Mrs. Murphy

PS: National Hairstylist Appreciation Day is April 30!! Now THAT’S appropriate!! 😁

No comments:

Post a Comment