Monday, October 27, 2014

Color My Mailbox ~ Tickled Pink!

Struggling to think of something to write about? I am often plagued by this dilemma. When it comes to my mailbox magic I try to think creatively.  You know, "out of the box."  Sometimes I even think out of the crayon box!

I recently wrote a letter with the color RED as my over all theme.  I decorated a piece of white paper with a RED and white polka dot tape border.

 I, of course, wrote with RED ink and added a few RED illustrations.  I wrote about everything RED in my life at that moment.  I described my RED t-shirt and the story behind it.


I wrote about the RED apple I was eating which segued nicely into my favorite aspects of fall.  I included a clipping from a magazine of a book review with RED in the title which I thought sounded interesting.  I also included an copy of a paining by Janet Hill of a woman in a RED gown that I found beautiful.



It was a lovely letter that I hope will tickle my recipient's mailbox RED...er...I mean pink! 
See? Anything can make a fun and interesting theme for a letter! Start thinking creatively! 

Go postal, everybody!! And color someone's day with magic!!
~XOXO Mrs. Murphy

2 comments:

  1. I love your blog so much. I keep coming back and re-reading posts I've already read. You really inspire me to be more creative. I love how you think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words! I really appreciate the encouragement! I love snail mail and am happy to share my ideas with other postal people!! Spread the magic!!

      Delete