Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Inspiration From Peter Rabbit

I was encouraged and inspired recently by Miss Beatrix Potter and her lovely characters, especially Peter Rabbit. The artwork is beautiful and I'm always striving to improve my watercolor skills. Yet, the real inspiration came from the story behind her stories. I learned from the biography of her life that Peter Rabbit started out as a letter to a child of a friend. She simply stated, "I don't have much to write to you about so I will tell you a story. It's a story about four rabbits, Flopsy, Mopsy, Cottontail and Peter." That letter went on to be the seed for the most sold children's book of all time! 

Miss Potter has inspired me to get even more creative with my letters. I plan to include more sketches (I love illustrated letters!! There's nothing better!!) and maybe a little story or two!! A tale about the squirrels that live in my yard and torment poor Lexi the Wonder-Dog, might prove interesting for my pen pal! 

Let's go postal and send more Beatrix-style letters!❤️

XOXO Mrs. Murphy


No comments:

Post a Comment