Tuesday, May 6, 2014

See You in the Funny Pages

Today's outgoing post is inspired by the "funny pages" or comics!  When I was in college I enjoyed reading the daily comic strip,  Jim's Journal in my school newspaper.  Created by Scott Dikkers, Jim's Journal was sort of an "anti-comic." Jim was a somewhat passive hero who simply recorded his daily life, no context or punch line was necessary. The more mundane the funnier. As a college student myself, I supplied the context. It was brilliant and hilarious!

Taking a page (hee hee) from Jim's Journal, I decided to create some snail mail comics.  I recorded my day in a three panel strip.  In the last panel I jotted a note to my recipient. I hope it brings a smile to her face!!

Let's Go Postal!!

XOXO  Mrs. Murphy

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I love this! Your circle people are awesome. I just discovered your blog tonight from a link on The Missive Maven's blog and I am so glad I clicked over.

    I spent the day reorganizing (um, actually unearthing from months' worth of crap piled willy-nilly) my letter writing supplies, and you have totally inspired me to spend tomorrow writing some letters! And now I want to include a cute comic-strip.

    Your whole blog is fantastic. I can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kristie,
      Thank you so much for your positive comments! It is so nice to find a snailmail kindred spirit!
      XOXO Go Postal! :)
      Mrs. Murphy

      Delete