Wednesday, March 17, 2021

“Music Is Love In Search Of A Word”




Greetings, postal pals! I bring you tidings of great joy!! The Murphy family piano has been tuned and repaired!! The house is alive with the sound of music again! πŸ₯° 🎢 Ok, perhaps this news is not so amazing to you 😏 but I am extremely excited to have our piano in tip top shape!




The piano is an amazing instrument that has been proven to bring great benefits to those that play. I have read of many physical and mental improvements including the sharpening of fine motor skills and the improvement of hand-eye coordination. Other studies have shown that piano lessons for older adults have a significant impact on increased levels of human growth hormone, which slows the adverse effects of aging. Playing the piano is also proven to reduce anxiety, heart and respiratory rates, lower blood pressure and increase the immune response. Sign me up for all of these benefits! πŸ™‹πŸΌ‍♀️




Science also tells us that piano play boosts cognitive and intellectual abilities, which means it makes you smarter!! It has been purported that playing the piano improves memory...especially one’s verbal memory. πŸ€” I’m forever searching for the perfect word...perhaps I need more practice?




During this strange time of the pandemic my mental health truly has been aided when I play the piano. According to the research I read, people who make music experience less anxiety, loneliness and depression. Playing the piano has also been shown to be a great way to relieve stress. That has definitely been my experience. 




For over 300 years the piano has been a staple of the home, bringing together families and friends with the power of music. One of my favorite Murphy Family memories is when we all gathered around the piano and sang my favorite hymn. πŸ₯° Aww...I really love those people...and the piano 🎹 




I thought I would write a thank you note to the piano tuner for making the music in my house beautiful once again! I also might send copies of some of my favorite hymns to some special hymn-appreciating penpals. πŸŽΆπŸ“¬


Won’t you join me in sending some musical mail this March?!


XOXO,

Mrs. Murphy  

No comments:

Post a Comment