Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Once Upon A Time.. I Opened the Mailbox




 I love stories. I think that’s why I love snailmail so much. I can read the stories of my friends’ lives and share mine with them. While I’m sure my life story is thrilling,🙄 why not send a REAL book through the post?

 



February 14 is International Book Giving Day! A group of volunteers who wanted every child in the world to have a book, started International Book Giving Day in 2012. Their goals also include increasing children’s enthusiasm for books and reading by encouraging everyone to give a book to someone else!! 




The Imagination Library is a similar initiative started by Dolly Parton in 1995. Inspired by her father’s inability to read and write Dolly started her program for the children within her home county in East Tennessee. Her Imagination Library currently is active in five countries and gives over 1 million free books each month to children around the world!! These free books come in the mail!! Yay!! Talk about a good mail day! 





I plan on sending some book post during Letter Month and of course, I’ll include a letter telling my penpal all about my love of the story. 

Read on, postal pals! 

XOXO, 

Mrs. Murphy


No comments:

Post a Comment