Monday, June 22, 2020

Postcard From the Great Outdoors



June is National Outdoors Month! 😎 What a great month! I love walking and adventuring in the great outdoors. One of my goals is to visit every National Park in the US, every state park in my home state of Iowa and at least one county park from each of its 99 counties!! 🌳🌻🌲🌺 πŸ€πŸŒΌπŸŒΏπŸπŸŒΎ



If you are fortunate enough to visit an awesome park or nature area in June be sure and send some postcards or snailmail to your penpals! (And by penpals I mean, ME!) When sending me...I mean your pen pal... some outdoor mail be sure to include your favorite spots, your review of the parks and facilities, any insights, epiphanies, inspirations or discoveries! 



The older I get the harder I have to work to stay active. Setting goals for myself, like exploring these parks, helps me stay active. I think a penpal would make a great accountability partner! Write and invite your outdoor adventure partner to join you on a hike, or if they are long distance, challenge them to take a hike (or other outdoor activity) and report back to you while you do the same. Sounds like a perfectly postal plan! πŸ“¬πŸ˜Ž



Be sure and use some great outdoor postage stamps if you can! The newest Forever stamps, released by the USPS just this June, celebrate the great outdoors!  Check them out! 🀩 There are also many great vintage stamps that recognize and honor nature and outdoor activities!! I LOVE to collect and use vintage stamps in my snailmail activities. 



I am always inspired by books and stories!! If you have any reading list suggestions send them my way! I did discover this title and found it interesting! I’m adding it to my TBR list. 


A Lady’s Life in the Rocky Mountains By Isabella Bird. This book is the compilation of the letters (Yay!! Epistolary book!) of an Englishwoman to her sister in 1873 during her journey through the Colorado Rockies. 


Remember interested people are interesting people!! She who does not do her research has a much smaller lens through which to view the world. 🧐 πŸ“š ❤️ 🌎 


Go postal, people! (And get outside!)


XOXO,

Mrs. Murphy 

No comments:

Post a Comment