Thursday, May 14, 2020

Strawberry Mail Forever




“Live in each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit.” Henry David Thoreau

Hooray!! 🍓 May is National Strawberry Month! Strawberries are very popular worldwide and are indigenous to nearly all of the northern hemisphere and most of the tropical regions of the world! In the US, strawberries are grown in family gardens in all 50 states! Almost everybody loves strawberries! 🥰 I am quite pleased as I feel the strawberry is a glorious, little fruit and deserves much more than a single day of celebration! One of my favorite strawberry Murphy memories involves our sweet, pet rabbit, Ethel. 🐰 Ethel was quite a good natured rabbit and we let her out of hutch everyday to hop around the kitchen. She enjoyed most delicacies from the garden, but was particularly fond of strawberry greens! She seemed to know whenever I was prepping them and would hop right up to me for her favorite tasty treat! 

A cute note card from Queenie’s Cards
https://queeniescards.com/

In honor of the fabulous fruit, adored by man and beast alike, I thought I’d send some strawberry themed snailmail! I am blessed to have some wonderful cooks amongst my penpals! I decided to send a strawberry recipe to those lovely people in the hopes of receiving some in return! 


If you get a chance, go strawberry picking, explore new dishes and send some strawberry mail! And don’t forget to take Mr. Thoreau’s sage advice! 🥰🍓📬

XOXO
Mrs. Murphy 

No comments:

Post a Comment