Sunday, January 15, 2017

Postal Challenge Progress

The Mail More Magic Postal Project is progressing nicely! I've written several more letters and a few cards!! Yay!! I just completed numbers 17, 18 and 19 in my snailmail challenge!!


It is sometimes hard for me to pick the next recipient of my mailbox magic. I have a pen pal return pile that, of course, is my number one go-to. Carrying on a conversation via post is such a wonderful experience.

But what if you're new to snailmail and don't have any regular pen pals, yet? Or if you, like me, like to spread the joy of snailmail to non-postal people in the hopes of encouraging them to carry on the letter writing tradition! I just love sharing the magic of mail with as many of my friends and family as possible.

One technique I'm using this year is to send mail to my holiday card senders. These are the lovely folks who took the time to send the Murphy family a Christmas or New Year's card this season. I don't get as many Christmas cards as I used to, but there are a few old fashioned souls out there who still send them every year and I appreciate it!! I grabbed my Christmas card basket and started replying to all those lovely folks. Hopefully they'll feel the magic, too!!


I recently read a story where one of the characters was called "a lady of letters".  What a wonderful description! I would love to be forever known as a lady of letters, one whose correspondence is prolific, interesting, humorous, enjoyed by her readers and most of all...magic!!

XOXO
Mrs. Murphy



2 comments:

  1. Yours is a noble quest, Mrs. M. :) And you're already a lady of letters, and goodness, and kindness, and thoughtfulness. If I come across a crown that says so, I will get if for you.

    Be well.

    ReplyDelete