Monday, June 6, 2016

Sew... It Seams I Wrote You a Letter

Do you send mail on holidays?
Mother's Day? Check. Father's Day? Check. Valentine's Day? Check.
Tailor's Day? Huh?
That's right! In my never-ending quest to find new reasons to send mail I discovered Tailor's Day!!
According to my vast research on the interwebs, Tailor's Day is traditionally celebrated in the United States on June 4th. It is a day where people are encouraged to dress their best and to reach out and thank the person that helps them achieve their high level of sartorial elegance...their tailor.

I don't know about you, but I don't have a personal tailor. I liked the uniqueness of this day, however and I wanted to create something for someone in honor of Tailor's Day. I happen to have a lovely friend who makes clothes for her children and often posts these works of art on Facebook.
First Communion dress created by my friend for her daughter.
 

I doodled a little sewing machine card, wrote a note explaining the awesomeness of Tailor's Day (and my recipient) and popped it in the mail. Hopefully this magical, snailmail surprise will make her day!!


If you don't know any seamstresses or tailors, have no fear! You can send some mailbox magic for some other totally random holiday. Try doing an internet search for "days to celebrate in June." You'll be surprised what you will discover.

Let your imagination be your guide as you create reasons to send snailmail to your friends and loved ones. You'll never run out of material!!

Follow this pattern, people, and send more mail!  It's sew magical!

XOXO
Mrs. Murphy


2 comments: