Monday, June 13, 2016

It's A Small World After All

"We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm and adventure. There is no end to the adventures we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open." J. Nehru




If I had my way I would travel the world! I'd have as many adventures, see as many sights, and learn about as many different cultures as I possibly could! But, alas, my resources are limited. You, too?  Well, take heart, my postal pals! Snailmail is the next best way to "travel" the world! And you can do it from the comfort of your couch! Magic!

As an American, I have the most pen pals from the US. I have received post from some lovely folks who reside in Alabama, North Carolina, South Carolina, Pennsylvania, DC, Iowa, Illinois, Texas, Wyoming and Virginia, to name a few.  I am also pleased to have a few international pen pals. I've received mail from Canada, England, Ireland, Rwanda, Germany, Australia, Nepal, Taiwan and the Netherlands. I love receiving mail from these great pen pals. We've exchanged stories about our countries, favorite recipes, customs, traditions and photographs, etc. It's almost like being there!


To add to the awesomeness, I recently obtained a map and started marking off countries from which I've received letters!!  Maybe someday I'll get to visit these magical places and pen friends!!

Don't hesitate, people! Your journey can begin today. Grab your passport...I mean, your postage stamps...and send some snailmail!! It's magic! (and much more affordable)

XOXO
Mrs. Murphy

1 comment: