Saturday, January 31, 2015

Snail Mail...Loads of Fun!

The serendipity of snail mail is my favorite element of this most magical hobby.  That unexpected joy that a letter or package brings is a beautiful thing.  It's easy to get swept up in the fun factor and want to send some really stupendous snail mail to every recipient, every time. But snail mail surprises do not have to be big and flashy nor must they be sent for a major life event.  That is the wonder of snail mail. It makes the everyday events of life more major and therefore, magical!

As an example, I recently sent some post in honor of ... LAUNDRY!  One would be hard pressed to find a more mundane topic, but allow me to show you how snail mail can make anything fun and special...even laundry.

The elder Murphy Brother was planning a quick weekend trip home from college to visit us, pick up his new suit (he has interviews coming up) and grab some paperwork he needed at school. His routine is to bring his dirty laundry home during visits so he can do it for free while he's home. A predicted winter snow storm changed his travel plans, however and he wasn't able to visit. I was sad, but thought it would be a perfect opportunity to send him some clever snail mail.

I created a "bad laundry day" card based on this image I saw (I don't know the original artist).  I laughed so hard when I saw it I knew I had to base my laundry card on it! I wrote a quick letter and enclosed a little laundry money so he could do a few loads courtesy of mom and dad.  Here's hoping he thinks snail mail is loads of fun and suffers no "super" bad laundry days.



Go postal, people! It'll make your mailbox April fresh! Well...maybe!?

XOXO Mrs. Murphy

1 comment: