Monday, June 8, 2020

Letters Mingle Souls



One of my favorite things about snailmail is getting to “meet” so many amazing people from all over the world!  Through my pen pal experience I have gotten to exchange letters with people from many different countries and walks of life. I’ve written to and received letters from people in England, Ireland, Canada, Germany, Rwanda, Australia, New Zealand, Thailand, Peru, Mexico and almost all states in the USA!! People who are completely different from me in almost every way...except for our love of snailmail, of course! ๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿ“ฌ๐ŸŒ

I remember one particular exchange of letters...in my letter I told my recipient what I was interested in, the kind of family, home and town I lived in. I shared my favorites: foods, books, music, activities, and I discussed my plans for the upcoming season. When I received my penpal’s response I was initially disappointed when I read we had literally nothing in common!! ๐Ÿคจ As our correspondence continued however, we shared stories and details about all of our favorites. We both were generally interested in each other’s lives. We asked questions and shared thoughts and insights and generally took time making friends!  I learned so much about my new penpal!! We may not have been very similar on the surface, but the more we wrote to one another the more our friendship developed. We did not have to be “the same” to appreciate one another!! 


All of the political, social and even health issues we are currently facing are nothing if not polarizing. It seems as if virtually everything is something that divides us. ๐Ÿ˜ข ๐Ÿ˜ก



Well, maybe not everything. ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ“ฌ 



What a wonderful thing is the mail, capable of conveying across continents a warm human hand-clasp.  (Anonymous)  

Go postal, people!

XOXO
Mrs. Murphy 

No comments:

Post a Comment