Thursday, May 7, 2020

Postal Prayers




I recently received a thank you letter from one of my pen pals. She was thanking me for praying for her family during a tough situation. She writes, “I didn’t realize what a gift prayer was until my family was struggling and you prayed for us. I can’t tell you what a comfort your prayers were! Your prayers have strengthened me in a difficult time and have been an encouragement to our entire family.” πŸ₯° 


One of the best ways to love others is to pray for them. The first Thursday in May is the National Day of Prayer in the US. That’s May 7th this year. Today!!  It is an annual observance inviting people of all faiths to pray for the nation. I’m going to take some time to pray for our nation and leaders during these strange days of a global pandemic. I will also pray for my family and friends, especially the ones I haven’t been able to see face to face because of the quarantining. 



Just as praying for someone is an excellent way to love them, so is sending some snailmail! Why not use this day to send some prayer mail? You can make your prayer mail as fancy or as simple as you like. It can be a Pinterest worthy prayer “pocket” (Look it up. It’s a thing😍) or a simple postcard. 


I have a thing for index cards. I really like them... a lot. 🀩 My large collection has many uses, one of which is prayer cards. I write a name on each of the cards, add prayer requests and updates to the back and keep them all in an index card file. πŸ—ƒ (I like those, too!) During my prayer time I take the top card out and pray for that person that day. I thought I could translate that into some prayer postcards. When I pray for the person on the prayer card I will send a postcard to them to let them know they were prayed for that day! It’s prayer mail! 



Now that is very good mail. 

XOXO,
Mrs. Murphy 

No comments:

Post a Comment