Thursday, May 28, 2020

Challenge Accepted!


Start a new healthy habit! 

I once read a book by A.J. Jacobs, entitled My Life as an Experiment in which the author undertakes various challenges in an effort to improve himself. The collection of stories are hilarious and interesting and got me thinking about personal challenges. I am a firm believer in adopting an attitude of the life-long learner. Trying new things and challenging oneself is a good way to keep your mind sharp, conquer your fears, develop new healthy habits or break out of a rut. 
Learn to play an instrument. 

30 day (or any amount of time you desire) challenges are a fun way to add or eliminate something from your life! Each month can be a sort of 30 day experiment. Sometimes, one simple change is all it takes to open up a whole new world of fun! So start experimenting and challenge yourself to try something new each month. 

Challenge yourself to save some money! 
Some challenges I’ve undertaken include: a frugal challenge (I have completed a month of zero spending on non-essentials), TV free weeks, summer reading challenges, social media fasts, soda fasts, de-clutter challenges, letter-a-day challenges,  push-up challenges, creative challenges, Bible reading challenges, gratitude challenges, work-out challenges, word-a-day vocabulary challenges, watch all of the Bogart and Bacall films, learn to cook foods from around the world, learn a French phrase everyday...to name a few! The sky is the limit! Who knows what new joys you may discover?! 

Learn to make food from around the world! 


Snailmail is a great way to share your challenges and recruit others to join you! And it can be a great new hobby to begin, too!😁 Challenge yourself to write a letter a day for one month or send mail to 30 people, etc. If you come up with a challenge of your own, please write and tell me all about it! I’d love to cheer you on!

Start sending snailmail! 

Let’s go postal, people!
Challenge accepted!! 📬❤️😁 🐌

XOXO
Mrs. Murphy 

1 comment:

  1. Love this post--the idea of life-long learning, 30 day challenges (that can be changed or renewed each month, the use of the stamps for emphasis! I'm already a snail mailer, but have been lax lately. I paused at the beginning of the pandemic, started again, paused again. So...more mail in June will be my challenge. And I'll be thinking about others.

    It reminds me of how much I enjoyed The Vigorous Mind and how I profited in so many ways by new experiences. https://bookgarden.blogspot.com/search?q=the+vigorous+mind

    ReplyDelete