Monday, April 6, 2020

Chain Mail...The Good Kind😁




Mr. Murphy and I are empty nesters. Since it’s just the two of us now, we’ve downsized a lot of things including our holiday decorating. Last Christmas, for example, we put up a small tree with lights. In lieu of all the old Murphy Family Ornaments however, I thought it would be special to make a paper chain of prayers. I wrote out a simple sentence prayer on a slip of paper for one of the four Murphy Kids (The Murphy Bros and their Lovely Lasses 🥰) It was a simple way to decorate the tree and Papa Murph and I loved praying for our grown up children everyday during the Christmas season. ❤️






My original plan was to give the prayer slips to them at our family Easter celebration. (There is something really special about reading the prayers other people have been praying for you!)
But...you know...isolation. 😢


This has been an insane time. We’ve all had to adapt to a new way of life in these strange and uncertain days. That is why I am thankful for the small joys of everyday life...like receiving a handwritten letter in the mail. 🥰📬🐌 I decided to take apart my prayer chain prayers and send them via post to the Murphy Kids. Hopefully it will bring a smile to their faces and some peace to their hearts! 





My Christmas prayer paper chain combined with this uncertain time of waiting inspired me to make another paper chain! 🧐💡Everyday during the quarantine, I will write down a reason to be thankful, a small joy I experienced or a prayer for someone. I will add the link to my isolation blessing chain and will watch and see how it grows! 🥰 Won’t you join me? 

Stay home and write more letters, people!! 


XOXO
Mrs. Murphy 

No comments:

Post a Comment