Monday, March 2, 2020

Fairway to Heaven

Fore!! Do you know any golfers? Are you a golf aficionado? Do you know who the “Golden Bear” is? What about the “Great White Shark”? You’ve probably heard of “Tiger.” How about the “King”? 
FOREVER Stamp 2020

On March 4, 2020 the USPS will release it’s newest FOREVER stamp honoring Arnold Palmer (the King). Arnold was one of the greatest champions of all time winning 62 PGA Tour events (5th most of all time) and over 92 tournaments worldwide. He is credited with helping to popularize golf, transforming it from a sport for the elite to one that is enjoyed by the multitudes. 
🏌️‍♀️⛳️ 🏌️ 
While I am known only for my mini-golf game, I do have fond memories of riding in my grandparents’ golf cart while they played golf at their golf club. My granddad would do his best to give me some pointers, and I still use his putting technique of “imagining a line running through your ball to the hole...hit it right along that line”... yet I remain hopeless at golf! 🤷‍♀️  I know that golf was something my grandparents enjoyed together and they played all during their active retirement years. I also remember watching golf on TV with them. They were big fans of Arnie. 

While golf is not my passion, I am always thinking about creating and sending my next postal project. 🥰📬 I want to surprise and bless people with a fun or encouraging note in their mailbox, something that is special or meaningful to them. In anticipation of Arnie’s awesome new stamp I created some golf inspired snail mail for some golfer friends I know. 

All it needs is the stamp!! 

Head out to your post office after March 4th and see if they have this new stamp. (You can also order stamps from the USPS website). 

Send some golf inspired snail mail to your favorite golfer!! I may not be able to golf like Arnold Palmer but I definitely enjoy his tea while I write letters! 👍

Go postal, people!

XOXO
Mrs. Murphy 


No comments:

Post a Comment