Sunday, June 14, 2015

Unbirthday Post

The term "unbirthday" was first coined by Lewis Carroll in "Alice Through the Looking Glass."  An unbirthday is any of the 364 days of the year that aren't the person's birthday.  What luck!  That's probably today!


I fear that I am most like Carroll's White Rabbit.  I'm always late for a very important date when it comes to my friends and loved ones' birthdays.  If you, like me, often miss those important dates. Take heart!  Mr. Carroll has saved us with the invention of the unbirthday.

I missed a couple friends' birthdays in May so I am taking the opportunity to send some unbirthday mail today.  I stand by my belief that late mail is just as magical as timely mail.  Maybe even more so because it is that much more unexpected.

So join me in sending some unbirthday mail today!  It's magical...late...but still magical!!

Go postal, everybody!!
XOXO Mrs. Murphy 


2 comments: