Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Frog and Toad Love Mail!!

One of my all time favorite books is "Frog and Toad are Friends" by Arnold Lobel. I remember reading this great book when I was a child and laughing with my mom at the silly antics of Toad. I also remember reading it to my own sons.  The Murphy Bros. laughed just as much as I did! My favorite part of the story, of course, is the bit about mail!!  I especially like Frog and Toad's postman!! (This book was first published in 1970. This is definitely the original  "snail mail"! He's so cute!!)


In honor of such a wonderful book I decided to make a Frog and Toad snail mail package for one of my young pen pals! I included a copy of the book, a frog themed letter, a plush frog (or is it a toad?) and some candy!!  I got word that she loved it! Yay!!

Frog and Toad Mailbox Magic!!

Go postal, people! 
XOXO Mrs. Murphy





4 comments:

  1. Dear Mrs. Murphy - I absolutely LOVE your blog and your enthusiasm for sending snail mail, creating original art, and sharing your obvious spiritual gift of encouragement. I LOVE THIS POST! Please know that a recent blog of yours prompted me to create a card yesterday for a couple of dear friends of mine. God willing and "the creek don't rise," the card will be in the mail later this afternoon, winging its way to parts unknown to share a note of hope and encouragement : ). Blessings to you, Mrs. Murphy, and I wish you godspeed until your next post. In Christ, I am Mrs. Rosenthal (haha...I'm Patti) ~ Surfside Beach, SC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I LOVE little people mail! It's a great way to encourage the next generation to begin their mailbox adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your encouraging comments! I am glad to hear you enjoy my snail mail ideas! Keep sending that good mail!

    ReplyDelete