Monday, April 7, 2014

Snail Mail Inspired Zine

It's time to get creative!  A mini-magazine or "zine" is a fun and postal friendly project!  I like to make my zines from one sheet of 11x16.5" printer paper.  The paper is cheap and easy to fold.  It's also a little bit bigger so the zine pages have a little extra room to get creative!!

My favorite hobby, obviously, is SNAIL MAIL!! I thought it might be fun to send a little tongue-in-cheek zine celebrating unusual and dangerous hobbies!  I titled my zine "Hobbies: A Guide for the Curious and Adventurous"

(Cover page)

I have a small circle stamp that I use to create my signature "circle people." I love these little guys and use them in most of my mail creations.  I used to make thumbprint people, but got tired of the messiness (Yuck!)  I replaced my thumb with a small circle stamp and my creativity was unleashed! 

I researched dangerous and crazy hobbies and created simple little illustrations for each one.  I added color with colored pencil and Washi tape on the page edges! 



Remember that this is just printer paper so if you are using markers, place a piece of card stock between your pages to prevent bleeding through. 



Creating my hobby zine was a blast!  I hope my pen pal enjoys receiving it as much as I did making it! 

Go Postal, Everybody! 

~XOXO Mrs. Murphy 




No comments:

Post a Comment